Prior to Walker, Padalecki is largely known for his role as Sam Winchester on the long-running The CW drama, Supernatural. Prior to the series conclusion, Jared announced his upcoming involvement in another CW series, Walker. He originally was slated to be an executive producer on the series, as he planned to retire from acting.
He than decided he wanted more involvement and landed the starring role as Cordell Walker. In the fall of 2019, Padalecki was announced to be starring in and executive producing Walker. A few months later, it was announced that he would be sharing the screen with his real life wife, Genevieve Padalecki, who would play his on-screen wife Emily Walker.
- Jared was born in San Antonio, Texas. He is excited about the new Walker series as it allows him to film in his hometown.
- He got his start in the business when he won Fox's "Claim to Fame" Contest.
- Winning this contest allowed him to present at the Teen Choice Awards. At the award show, he was discovered by an agent and the rest is history.
- After high school, he moved to California where he began receiving starring gigs almost immediately.
- His first big part was in the recurring role of Gilmore Girls. Shortly after receiving this role, he was cast in Supernatural. He starred in the series for fifteen seasons.
- Jared married his Supernatural co-star, Genevieve Padalecki (former, Cortese), in 2010. Together, they have three children; two boys and a girl.
- Genevieve currently co-stars opposite Jared in Walker as his on-screen wife.
- They reside in Austin, Texas; this is where the Walker series is being filmed.
- Also in Austin, Texas, Jared owns his own bar which is named Stereotype.
- Jared launched a campaign titled "Always Keep Fighting", in response to his own battle with depression in early 2015.
- on the Internet Movie Database